Livestreaming the Friday night lights

Most fall sports available to watch online

Michael Martin

Football rallies together for third match of the season. The team takes on Greenville High School at 7:00 p.m.

Varun Saravanan, WTV Staff Reporter

Athletic events this year are continuing through the COVID-19 pandemic, but stadiums aren’t going to be filled this season as safety regulations and social distancing guidelines have been put in place to reduce the possible spread of the coronavirus.

One of these measures was reducing in person audiences for games.

Students may not be able to go to stadiums and watch them in person, but family members of players, band members, and other students groups that are part of the football game will be allowed to purchase seats.

If there are tickets available after that, the general public, including students, may be able to purchase tickets.

However, Frisco ISD has made provisions to watch the live games virtually.

“So you go to friscoisdsports.com and as soon as you log in, you will see the game of the week live, and it’ll be right there for you to watch,” FISD Sports Broadcast Director Steven Doherty said. “But then when that game’s over, it will be gone. You won’t be able to access it after the fact, where NFHS does hold that broadcast for us and you can go back and watch it, anytime afterwards.”

$10.99 monthly and $69.99 yearly subscriptions provide access to athletic games on NFHS Network.