Theater releases cast list for fall show

Cast+and+crew+lists+for+theaters+upcoming+fall+production%2C+The+Laramie+Project%2C+were+released++Sunday%2C+after+students+auditioned+last+week.+

Emily Vetvick

Cast and crew lists for theater’s upcoming fall production, The Laramie Project, were released Sunday, after students auditioned last week.

Caroline Caruso, Managing Editor

Many cast members feel the stakes are higher, as the show incorporates many serious topics and current issues going on in the world today.

“The whole cast is portraying actual people,” sophomore cast member Eva Guerra said. “I think that makes it even harder to fathom the cruelty that took place. But understanding the sensitivity of the world is important, and we are taking steps to make sure we aren’t offending anyone.”

Leading the crew, student assistant director Shivana Kosuri is ready to take on the opportunity despite social-distancing guidelines.

“As crew members we will have to maintain all of the safety guidelines by wearing masks, maintaining distance, and not sharing any of our own personal belongings,” Kosuri said via text. “I didn’t know what to expect role wise, as I have never applied to be an Assistant Director before. However, I am extremely excited as it will give me an opportunity to work more closely with the actors and actresses compared to my other roles with assistant directing.”