Part two of Dual Credit Night expected to take place this evening

Nick Young

Collin College classes end Thursday, meaning students who take Dual Credit classes are no longer in session for the remainder of the academic semester. Students also have a chance to learn more about Dual Credit during advisory on Thursday.

Caroline Caruso, Managing Editor

After concluding meeting one out of three on Dual Credit information last week, Frisco ISD plans for a second seminar Wednesday. Interested applicants or parents can log on to the Zoom call starting at 6:00 p.m.

One student who is interested in joining Wednesday’s Zoom is sophomore Ally Lastovica.

By earning college credit while in high school, Lastovica believes it will give her more space for classes she wants to pursue later on.

I want to take dual credit speech so that way I can get both of my speech credits out of the way, and that makes things a lot easier for the future,” Lastovica said. 

Families who decide to take the Dual Credit route can save an average of $17,000.

“Any 9th, 10th and 11th grade students not currently enrolled in Dual Credit, but have an interest in taking dual credit should attend the meeting. It will address common questions about dual credit,” campus college counselor Shawna Chamberlain said in a previous Wingspan article.

In order to get the Zoom link, students must RSVP.