In a battle of the hawks, red beats blue

The football team has already double their wins from last year in just three games. The boy’s fresh off their second win after they took down the Bluehawks.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

The Redhawks took on the Rock Hill Bluehawks Saturday night in Prosper in the opening game of District 7-5A play with the Redhawks scoring their biggest win (51-27) of the season.

“Similar to the previous week, it really was a good week of practice,” head coach Matt Swinea said. “It was a bit different playing a Saturday game, but the extra day to heal and rest up really allowed us to play fresh and fast. We made some great stops on defense and had some explosive plays on offense.”

Last year the team went 1-9, but the team has already won twice as many games with the Redhawks sitting at 2-1 as they get ready to play Memorial on Friday.

“We played so many sophomores last year that now have a year of experience and physical maturity under their belt,” Swinea said. “It has made a world of difference. We seem to be resilient and hungry.”

Coming off of two wins a row, the boys aren’t planning on slowing down.

“We did a really good job of running the ball through contact this week,” senior Connor Hulstein said. “We will be working on preparing ourselves for another district win this week.”