Girls’ soccer leaves their mark in the field house

Sarah Boutouis

Winter break is starting Friday, however many sports are in season. For some sports this means having to practice or even play games over the break.

Harley Classe, Assistant Sports Editor

Continuing their ongoing legacy project, the girl’s soccer team is taking on the challenge of painting ceiling tiles once again to leave their mark on the school.

“The tiles were a thing started by coach Blaisure when she first started at the school as the first head coach of the program when it opened up,” head coach Kyle Beggs said. “It was just a way for the girls to leave their mark on the school.”

Not only are these tiles a way for the team to connect, but they are also a way to build communication.

“The girls get a ceiling tile and they get to paint it to show their school and team pride,” coach Beggs said. “Seniors get their own tile and that’s kind of their way of saying hey, I was here.”

The team is sure not to leave the underclassmen out, giving them tiles to paint in groups as a thing to look forward to as they get older.

“The underclassmen that are on varsity also get a tile,” coach Beggs said. “They kind of make one together and it’s just a celebration of making the varsity team this year and getting to represent your school. It’s also a really good team building activity.”

However, coach Beggs isn’t the only one excited. For sophomore Riya Khosla it’s way to bond and celebrate.

“I’m actually pretty excited,” Khosla said. “It’s really nice to be able to do something like this with my friends and kind of celebrate the fact that I made varsity.”