Basketball practiced over break to prepare for Memorial

After+a+two+week+long+break+the+basketball+teams+are+back+in+action+Tuesday+night+against+the+Warriors.+With+coming+off+a+loss+the+girls+team+is+hoping+to+prove+themselves+this+season.+

Provided by Katelyn Burtch

After a two week long break the basketball teams are back in action Tuesday night against the Warriors. With coming off a loss the girls’ team is hoping to prove themselves this season.

Harley Classe, Assistant Sports Editor

The Redhawks shoot for District 9-5A wins Tuesday with both teams taking on Memorial High School at 6:30 p.m. for the girls and 8:00 p.m. for the boys.

“I think our strengths were knowing ourselves and what shots we wanted to take,” senior Maya Jain said via text. “We knew how to control the pace of the game which helped us be successful.”

Hopeful that the time off did not affect her skills, Jain feels the team will benefit from practices leading up to the game on both sides.

“We probably need to improve on executing a game plan from the start of the game and being aware of who we need to give the most attention to on defense,” Jain said.

However, both the boys and girls are excited to get back out on the court and score a win for the Redhawks.

“I think a lot of us are super excited to play because we feel like people are starting to doubt us and it’s giving us something more to play for,” Jain said.