Internship positions available for One-Thread students

used with permission from One Thread instagram

One Thread transitioned from a campus club to a non-profit organization earlier this school year and is now offering internship positions for students. Applications for a Website Marketing Internship and Social Media Marketing Internship are now open and due Jan. 2 at 11:59 p.m. 

Abby Wang, Staff Reporter

“Currently, there are two positions available- marketing intern for website management and marketing intern for social media management,” Secretary and Director of Marketing, junior Stephanie Chung said via messages. “They would be brainstorming new ideas and features to add to our website to increase engagement of the community, developing and updating our content, and creating social media posts for our online platforms. Working in tandem is much more efficient than working as an individual. As the organization grew, we thought we should recruit more people to help run the organization more efficiently and effectively”

Both the Website Marketing and Social Media Marketing positions give students the chance to gain professional work experience, grow a professional network, deepen skills of leadership, teamwork, and collaboration.

“I joined One Thread because I loved the initiative,” Treasury and Director of Treasury, junior Juliy Kim said via messages. “To help our environment and to reuse old textiles, [we work to] ensure that others are staying warm. With the internship opportunity, the applicants will gain more knowledge about nonprofit organizations and how to work as a team.”

For founder and president Ayda Sow, internship positions not only allow growth for applicants but also growth for the organization and their goal to reduce textile wastes.

“As we are continuing to expand whether it be through new projects, creating new chapters, or partnering with other organizations, we do need more assistants to be able to efficiently and effectively produce a well-rounded outcome,” Sow said via messages. “Personally, this is most exciting to me. The workload is growing. When the workload is growing, it means One Thread is succeeding, and that feeling of growth will never not make me feel happy and satisfied. More people on board also means that we are able to gather more ideas in an organized manner and be able to keep expanding our horizons to make a bigger and brighter impact in our community! I can’t wait to be able to meet all the applicants!”