Red Rhythm to show off skills

Performing at Tuesdays basketball game against Frisco, Red Rhythm dancers took to the court as part of the halftime entertainment.

Alex Moore

Performing at Tuesday’s basketball game against Frisco, Red Rhythm dancers took to the court as part of the halftime entertainment.

Reilly Martens, Staff Reporter

Seen by most at halftime of a football or basketball game, Red Rhythm will be taking part in the FISD Drill Team Show-Off Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Independence High School then again Saturday in the Dance Contest Invite also at Independence High School from 7:00-11:00 p.m.

“The purpose of the district showoff is to come together and be able to show routines they’ve been working really hard on,” drill team director Nicole Nothe said. “Letting them just enjoy performing and taking away the stress of the contest routine.”

While the show off allows dancers to have a good time and show their skills, the contest performance centers around getting the highest score possible in order for dancers to win the top awards. The competitive atmosphere contrasts in that it can cause more anxiety for some, but with their consistent practices the drill team is more than prepared for the contest in the eyes of their teacher.

“I see the girls growing as dancers through the process,” Nothe said. “And working together for their contest goal. I’m very proud of their hard work.”