HOSA officer applications due Friday

HOSA.org brand library

Current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors, who are interested in applying for an officer position with HOSA for 2021-2022 must turn in their application and recommendation by Friday at 5 p.m.

Caroline Caruso, Managing Editor

The window for 2021-2022 HOSA officer applications comes to a close Friday at 5:00 p.m. with opportunities open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors. 

The application consists of a series of questions, as well as teacher recommendation requirements. 

Continuing with the virtual route similar to last year, many officers, including rising senior Stephanie Chung, are looking for people with a diverse skill set to fill the positions. 

“We are looking for officers that will be dedicated to Liberty HOSA, and we want them to be able to bring something different to the team,” Chung said via email. “Be yourself! We want an authentic interaction with all applicants so we can gauge their ability to lead and fit into the HOSA Officer team.”

The extent of opportunity officers within the club are able to explore is vast according to current officer Sanjana Dandu. 

“I have been Liberty HOSA’s Historian for the past two years, and I was recently elected into HOSA Area 3’s Officer team,” Dandu said via email. “Being an officer isn’t limited to the constraints of one specific position. I believe that Liberty HOSA has built a dynamic that allows all officers to support each other and the members.”

As she enters into her final year of the application process, Dandu encourages underclassmen to apply as well. 

“I decided to apply to be a HOSA officer during my freshman year,” she said. “There were a lot of contributing factors behind this decision, but I think the one that pushed me the most was seeing how the officers worked together to lead a club filled with talented and dedicated individuals. I knew that HOSA was a club I wanted to invest in, and I couldn’t be happier with the decision I made.