Redhawks swinging for a win against Lebanon Trail

Redhwak softball lost their second to last game of the season to Reedy high school on Friday. With only one game left for the season, the team is glad they got a chance to come together and play.

Harley Classe, Assistant Sports Editor

The Redhawks failed to defeat the Independence Knights in the second round of District 9-5A softball Friday night, losing 18-0.

Head coach Jill Bradshaw had the team focus on lessening the strengths of their competitors.

“The other team had pretty fast pitchers so we spent a lot of time in batting cages in preparation for Friday’s game,” Bradshaw said.

Looking on the positive side of things, sophomore Gabby Sanchez believes the team was able to successfully focus on their goals.

“We went in with a positive mindset and were able to set goals for ourselves and for our other teammates,” Sanchez said via text.

Looking to bring their losing streak to an end, the Redhawks prepare to take on Lebanon Trail at 7:15 p.m. Monday at the Nest.

“I hope we are able to score more and progress offensively because we have been conditioning a lot and fixing mistakes in practice,” sophomore Piper Dickson said via text.