Alyssa Murphy

What are your goals as student body president?

Murphy: “So as student body president, Paeton and I have had a lot of conversations, just with the past year and everything that has happened this year has looked really different and we really want to shift our focus and make a bridge connection between StuCo and the students. In years past we’ve noticed that, there’s kind of been like a disconnect between StuCo and the students, so our main goals are to really expand, expanding inclusion and diversity and to really highlight smaller clubs and organizations on campus that don’t always get the recognition they deserve. That’s our goal for next year.”

What sets you apart from your other candidates?

Murphy: “All four of us, Dristyn, Joseph, and me and Paeton, we all have grown up together and we all have been together since elementary school, but I think the thing that sets us apart, sets me apart, is just my experience in just a variety of programs I haven’t been dedicated to one program in my high school career, I’ve been apart of Wingspan, as you guys have probably seen me on the Daily Updates, I’m apart of the “Best Buddies”, which I really enjoy, I’m a part of PTSA, and I’m the head co-president for that , for the student section, um and cheer and cross country too so, I’ve been able to really connect and see many different sides of Liberty, and I think Paeton has too. She’s been a varsity athlete for volleyball, and just our experiences together really set us apart from the other candidates because they might not be able to reach as many students on campus.

How would you help foster school spirit?

Murphy: “So this year has been a little difficult because more than half our students were virtual, but we’ve all adapted and we’ve all, you know, it’s just been a crazy year for all of us, and so like going back to like the disconnect, we really, Paeton and I, really want to focus on connecting, you know, multiple clubs on campus. One of our main goals is to have a conference with multiple club leaders on campus, to really understand what the school needs, and that’ll really help us foster school spirit because we hear you, we we want to represent your voice, and uhm it’s our priority to really help connect multiple sectors of Liberty that probably have never been connected before.”