Ice skaters shine at nationals

A group of Texas ice skaters placed 1st in Orlando Florida. The team thinks their hard work got them to where they are.

Harley Classe, Assistant Sports Editor

It was a busy week for the Texas All Stars synchronized skating team as they came out with multiple high scores Friday and Saturday at the national competition in Orlando, Fl.

The team took 1st place in both the Long Program and Senior Youth Division as well as 2nd place in the Teen Program Division.

“I think the competition went pretty well,” sophomore Athena Tseng said. “We beat our rivals in all of our performances and we did the best we could for all of them.”

Following months of preparation, freshman Karina Grokhovskaya believes the hours spent in practice benefited the team in the long run.

“I think all the work that was put into the routines paid off,” Grokhovskaya said via text. “As a team we did really well, we went out and skated our best.”

While the team was able to take home a few wins, they feel they won not only on the scoreboard but also through once in a lifetime experience.

“Overall it was really fun,” Tseng said. “I enjoyed spending time with my team and we really worked together as a team in this competition.”