Volleyball takes flight in the Duncanville Tournament of Champions

Volleyball played their first district game on Friday against the Emerson Mavericks, and came out on top winning 3-1. The Redhawks are looking for more improvement on Tuesday, as they face Heritage.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

Coming off of a 3-0 win for the Redhawks, the volleyball team puts their skills to the test Friday at 11:00 a.m. in the Duncanville Tournament of Champions against Waxahachie High School at Duncanville High School. The match is followed by a competition at 12:00 p.m. against MacArthur High School.

After losing in the first round of district playoffs last season, senior Tanner Hansen is determined to reach greater postseason heights.

“There is definitely a lot of pressure this year,” Hansen said. “We have already had a talk where some of the seniors got to talk to everyone on the team and just help motivate one another for the upcoming season.”

According to Hansen, in order to reach a goal one must make a plan and that is exactly what the team has done.

“We have been practicing for two months already and with preseason we’ve already been playing in other tournaments and games so we’ve really been able to get a good line-up,” Hansen said.