District play begins for volleyball

Michael Martin

The Redhawk volleyball team begins their district play Friday against the Reedy Lions. The team has had numerous wins in multiple pre-season games prior and is soaring high to seek out another victory for their record.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

Coming off of a 3-1 win against Rockhill High School on Tuesday, the Redhawk volleyball team takes on the Reedy Lions at 5:45 p.m. in their first District 9-5A game of the season on Friday at Reedy High School.

In many sports on campus, Reedy is a big rival, and athletes such as Campbell Peters hope to come out strong and give it all they have got.

“Reedy is one of our biggest competitors this year,” Peters said. “We have been working hard in practice for the past couple weeks and our team chemistry has gotten really strong.”

For sophomore MJ McCurdy, this is the first district match she will play in as an athlete on the varsity team.

“Our first couple matches in the pre-season have really given us a feel for what this season is going to be like,” McCurdy said. “I’m excited to play up on Varsity this year with my teammates and I know it is going to be a good year.”