Rhea of sunshine: AP awards

Morgan Kong

In this weekly column, Wingspan staff reporter Rhea Advani provides her take on a variety of topics.

Rhea Advani, Staff Reporter

If you took an AP exam last semester, you’ve probably been keeping up with what’s happening right now with those tests. This includes the scoring of your test to see how well you did or didn’t do.

This may be news to some students or it may not but the school district hands out awards based on the academic performance that took place on these exams. 3300 students who took the AP exam and many of them are being rewarded. 

There are many awards listed on College Board’s website and you can find more details about what these awards entail on the Liberty High school website. 

AP courses in general are not easy. They’ve very time consuming, and can be extremely difficult at times. So the fact that students put in the hard work, studied the material, and did really well on the tests in the spring, proves how determined they really are. 

Not only is this benefiting how the school looks on the charts, reflecting students’ academic performance, but these AP scores are benefiting the students as well. If you pass an AP exam, it counts as college credit meaning you don’t have to worry about taking the same course later on. 

I think that this is a good way to recognize students for the hard work they do. Especially since a lot of us were virtual last year, it’s a good reminder of the work we do.