Redhawks look to start district play with a win

With+teammate+Evan+Stewart+%28%235%29+already+signaling+a+touchdown%2C+and+senior+Cade+McGarrh+%28%2323%29+providing+some+extra+blocking%2C+senior+Jack+Bryan+%28%2324%29+runs+for+a+touchdown+against+Greenville+at+Toyota+Stadium+in+the+Redhawks+55-21+win+on+Sept.+3%2C+2021.+Ryan%2C+who+scored+three+touchdowns+against+Greenville%2C+and+the+rest+of+the+Redhawks+face+off+against+the+Blue+Hawks+of+Rock+Hill+High+School+Thursday+night+at+Kuykendall+Stadium+in+the+opening+game+of+District+7-5A+play.+

Pujan Shah

With teammate Evan Stewart (#5) already signaling a touchdown, and senior Cade McGarrh (#23) providing some extra blocking, senior Jack Bryan (#24) runs for a touchdown against Greenville at Toyota Stadium in the Redhawks 55-21 win on Sept. 3, 2021. Ryan, who scored three touchdowns against Greenville, and the rest of the Redhawks face off against the Blue Hawks of Rock Hill High School Thursday night at Kuykendall Stadium in the opening game of District 7-5A play.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

It’s hawk versus hawk Thursday in the opening game of District 7-5A football action as the  Redhawks take on the Rockhill Bluehawks at Kuykendall Stadium with kickoff coming at 7 p.m.

At 2-0, the Redhawks look to continue extend their winning streak, by starting district play with another win. 

“This season, there is a great experience factor amongst our players,” head coach Matt Swinnea said. “3 years ago, 15 of these young men were sophomores and now they’re coming back as seniors which gives us strong momentum.”

Putting up 50 or more points in their first two wins, junior quarterback Keldric Luster has high expectations for his team in upcoming games.

“Right now we’re really just getting into our groove,” Luster said. “This season, we really want to just come back together strong as a family. The stronger we are together, the stronger we play.”