Volleyball hoping to get back on winning track

After losing their last game, the Redhawks look to bring home a win to boost their current 1-3 District 9-5A standing. With multiple athletes out on Thursday, the team felt they had something to prove.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

The Redhawks go head to head against the Wakeland Wolverines Friday at 5:45 p.m. in a District 9-5A volleyball game at Wakeland High School.

After having lost 3 of 4 district games so far this season, the team looks to bring home a much desired win for the Redhawks which sophomore MJ McCurdy feels is just the thing the team needs to stay motivated.

“As a whole we work really well together,” McCurdy said. “Being a sophomore on Varsity this year has really shown me what our team is capable of and I know we can keep bringing home  wins if we keep putting in the effort.”

Head coach Clark Oberle has high hopes for his team as they head into the game on Friday.

“We have a lot of strong athletes this year,” Oberle said. “We have many players from each grade level who have stepped up and it has really paid off.”