Football takes on Memorial in a battle of unbeatens

Facing+off+against+the+Memorials+Warriors+at+Toyota+Stadium+Friday+at+7+p.m.%2C+the+Redhawks++look+to+separate+themselves+in+District+7-5A+with+both+schools+coming+into+Fridays+game+3-0.+

Pujan Shah

Facing off against the Memorials Warriors at Toyota Stadium Friday at 7 p.m., the Redhawks look to separate themselves in District 7-5A with both schools coming into Friday’s game 3-0.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

The Redhawks go head to head with the Memorial Warriors on Friday at 7 p.m. in a District 7-5A football game at Toyota Stadium, with both teams going in with something to prove.

Both teams currently hold records of 3-0 in District 7-5A, however, the Redhawks may have a leg up on the Warriors as they lead the metroplex in average total yards per game at 540.

“The game plan for Memorial Friday is to just be better than we were last week,” head coach Matt Swinnea said. “This is a unique challenge in the sense that it is a 3-0 versus a 3-0 and we know that they’re gonna give us their best effort and we have to match it.”

To match the efforts of Memorial High School senior Chika Ugoh feels that with the team’s game plan, the Redhawks have the ability to pull out a win.

“We just want to stop [Memorial’s] receivers,” Ugoh said. “We have a few good receivers and are coming off of a pretty good last game. If we can handle that we know our offense can do good so we can beat them in any way.”