Redhawks serve up a win

The Redhawks served up a win in a District 9-5A volleyball game against Heritage High School. With three games left in the season, volleyball is still in the running for playoffs as they go up against Centennial in District 9-5A play at 5:45 p.m. Friday at Liberty.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

The Redhawk volleyball team moved a step closer to securing a spot in playoffs on Friday when they won their District 9-5A game 3-0 against Heritage High School.

The team has had an inconsistent season through this most recent game, resulting in extra pressure being put on these last few scheduled matches.

“We try not to put greater emphasis on any one game,” head coach Clark Oberle. “Even though we try to focus on one game at a time we need to keep winning to keep playoffs in view.”

With extra focus on the end of the season, Oberle has the team working hard in practice.

“Every week we just try to be better than the game before,” Oberle said. “Working together to keep the ball on the other team’s side has been a big thing for us.”