Trailblazers reach the end of the path

Michael Martin

A series of ups and downs has not stopped the Redhawks this season. Following numerous wins and losses, the Redhawks continue on in District 9-5A with a two game winning streak.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

After what seemed like an endless string of winning, losing, winning, losing, the Redhawks volleyball team earned its second straight District 9-5A win Tuesday beating Lebanon Trail High School 3-0 (25-20, 25-14, 25-18).

“Our effort was definitely there on Tuesday,” head coach Clark Oberle said. “We were probably the favored team in this game which hasn’t happened much this season in the District.”

Being favored to win can sometimes lead a team to be overconfident, but that characteristic wasn’t seen by Oberle.

“Sometimes, going into matches like that when you’re picked to win, you don’t always play as hard as when you’re not picked to win,” Oberle said. “We really did a good job of competing though and playing consistent in all three sets.”

With two regular season games left and the Redhawks in the middle of the playoff chase, junior Campbell Peters looks to push on, stronger than ever.

“Going into this season we felt pretty prepared as we had had a lot of practices that brought us together as a team,” Peters said. “The biggest thing for us going forward is just staying confident but not getting too ahead of ourselves.”