Titans send Redhawks crashing to ground 3-0

Hector Varela

Volleyball hosts the Rockwall Yellowjackets on Tuesday at The Nest. They are ranked first in District 10-5A, and hope to gain another non district win.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

The Redhawks volleyball team couldn’t establish its longest winning streak of the season on Friday as they fell 3-0 to Centennial High School.

The team has had a fairly inconsistent season so far winning no more than two games in a row. 

“We are really trying to make that push for playoffs so every win, every match, is very important,” head coach Clark Oberle said. “We need to keep playing good, consistent, well-balanced matches.”

Senior Lauryn Hill, recently notching her 1,000 kill, hopes the Redhawks have done enough to grab the district’s fourth and final playoff spot. 

“It was exciting,” Hill said. “I know there is more to come though so I am hoping that I can continue it into the postseason.”

However with just one game left, the team is tied with Lone Star at 9-8, one game behind Memorial and Independence at 10-7.

“I think from every aspect of thought for the teams in the four way tie, they all have a lot of pressure on them to win their games,” Hill said. “I think for us we need to remember to control what we can control, win our games, and let the rest play out for itself.”