Redhawk volleyball prepares for landing

Michael Martin

One final match for Redhawk volleyball on Tuesday brings the 2021-2022 regular season to a close. The team’s journey may not end here however if the Redhawks can secure the final fourth district spot in playoffs.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

Redhawk volleyball travels to Lone Star on Tuesday for their final regular season District 9-5A game, closing out the year with a competition at 6:45 p.m. against the Rangers.

“I think this last game is really important because it will be my last time playing in high school before I go to club and then college,” senior Lauryn Hill said. “Being able to play with the girls one more time and then ending it off on a good note instead of a bad one would be a great way to end the season.”

With a season of ups and downs, head coach Clark Oberle is proud of his team’s efforts this year and is hopeful for the final competition.

“Our effort this season has been there,” Oberle said. “It’s always hard to play your best when you’re not picked to win, but I think the girls have done a really great job with that this season which is something I hope to see from them in these final last few pushes until the end.”

Rather than focusing on the level of skill possessed by the other team, junior Campbell Peters has her sights set on playing with all that she has, a path she hopes her teammates will follow.

“Playing our hardest instead of trying to match the level of our competitors has been a big thing for us this season,” Peters said. “In these last few games it was more about working with what we have, playing to the best of our abilities, and showing the other team what we can do which I think is probably the best thing we hope for.”