New to FISD parent orientation Tuesday

The New-to-Frisco ISD Parent Orientation will be held in the FISD Administration Board Room from 6:30 - 8:00 PM Tuesday, March 1.

The “New-to-Frisco ISD” Parent Orientation will be held in the FISD Administration Board Room from 6:30 – 8:00 PM Tuesday, March 1.

Dillon Elliott, WTV Staff Reporter

The school district is hosting a “New to FISD” parent orientation Tuesday in FISD Administration Board Room from 6:30-8:00 p.m. for any parent interested in learning more about the district.

With the area continuing to be a major relocation site for families, there are is a constant influx of new students in the district and Tuesday’s orientation is designed to help new residents become familiar with FISD operations, programs and policies. Each year, approximately 3,000 new students move in to the district, enough to fill both a new middle school and high school.

The board room will be filled with various booths that will allow parents to learn more about certain programs included advanced academics, child nutrition, transportation and more.

“Helping families feel welcome and assisting them as they adjust to our school district and community is a priority established as part of Frisco ISD’s strategic plan,” Superintendent Dr. Jeremy Lyon said in an article on FISD site. “This event helps us build connections that are critical to our continued success as the District grows in size and becomes increasingly diverse.”