FISD holds webinar on Navy National Defense Cadet Corps

Michael Berman

This Wednesday, FISD will be holding a webinar regarding the Navy National Defense Cadet Corps program. It will be from 6-7 p.m, and attendees have the opportunity to learn about the course requirements, application process, and ask questions.

Bryce Sena, WTV Staff Reporter

According to Frisco ISD, “The Navy National Defense Cadet Corps is a forerunner program for the Navy JROTC,” with the district hoping to develop the program and applying to be a NJROTC unit in the future.

Wednesday’s webinar will give students more details about the program and how to apply for it. 

Information includes an overview of the program, course details, requirements for admission, costs to students and parents, academic implications, and future benefits for college-bound and military-bound students. 

The program is a “program of choice” and is based at Lebanon Trail High School.

Students applying for admission to the program for the 2022-2023 school year will be required to attend Lebanon Trail as full-time students. 

The webinar will be held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and will allow attendees to ask questions about the program.