Flags up for Winterguard auditions

The+Redhawk+color+guard+will+be+holding+tryouts+for+its+winter+team.+However%2C+unlike+other+groups+on+campus%2C+trying+out+for+Winterguard+will+not+require+any+previous+experience.+%E2%80%9CWe+are+looking+for+individuals+that+are+just+interested+in+trying+something+new%2C+the+color+guard+Director+Scott+Mills+said.+

The Redhawk color guard will be holding tryouts for its winter team. However, unlike other groups on campus, trying out for Winterguard will not require any previous experience. “We are looking for individuals that are just interested in trying something new,” the color guard Director Scott Mills said.

Aija Bradford, WTV Staff Reporter

At the halftime of football games, color guard performs with the band and drill team. However, as the transition from season occurs, they take on their own entity: Winterguard. 

Auditions for Winterguard began on Monday and finish Tuesday after school. Unlike some extracurriculars on campus, no experience in necessary to tryout.

“We are looking for individuals that are just interested in trying something new,” color guard Director Scott Mills said.” If you like to perform or dance we will find a way to get you involved. We will teach you everything you need to know.”

Freshman Haley Johnson looks forward to tryouts.

“I’m looking forward to performing with new people and just performing shows. It’s going to be really exciting performing with people.”