FISD swim dives into introduction of new club

With the rapid expansion of the school district, Frisco ISD has announced a new swimming club, Iron Horse Aquatics. The club will be open to kids ages 5-18 with hopes of developing skill at a local level that will evolve to benefit FISD swim.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

Frisco ISD’s swim program is getting a boost. In addition to the new natatorium set to open soon, the district has recently announced a new swimming club: Iron Horse Aquatics.

“This is really going to have a major impact on the program I think,” head swimming and diving coach Nicholas Dion said. “There are really three big players as far as clubs are concerned; Metro, TFA, and LAC.”

Students who range in age from 5-18 will be eligible for the program and while it will be affiliated with Frisco ISD, acting as an extension to the current high school program, the club will be open to swimmers and divers beyond the school district’s boundaries.

With hopes of developing skill from a young age, the district hopes the new club will give students greater access to the opportunity to dive deeper in the respective sport while not having to leave the district.

“The goal is obviously to grow in the district and have kids start off with Iron Horse and continue to grow with FISD,” Dion said. “We want to grow in-house talent.”