Redhawk basketball soars into district season

Seeking out a win heading into break, the girls’ basketball team plays in the Allen Hoopfest Tournament. They are playing in the gold bracket Thursday through Saturday at Allen High School.

Kaden Groom, Sports Reporter

The girls’ basketball team is looking to start their district season with a win against the Memorial Warriors Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Nest.

The Redhawks are coming off of a two game winning streak, and are looking to keep the momentum going.

“We played 12 games in 13 days,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “It’s a scary thing. We haven’t started this well since 2016/2017. In past seasons we had a lot of growth because we didn’t do well at the beginning of the season but to win games like we have is awesome but scary.”

Although this is the team’s first time playing Memorial in district, they are a familiar face to the Redhawks up to this point in the season.

“We have already played them twice,” Reedy said. “It’s not often that you will have to play a team 4 times in a season. The plan for us is to stay true to ourselves. It’s still early.”

Sophomore Keyera Roseby and the rest of the team are ready for the competition they have been preparing for all season.

“We are so ready for this one,” Roseby said. “As long as we go out there and play as a team I believe we can get the win.”