Rhea of Sunshine: easing up before the break

Morgan Kong

In this weekly column, Wingspan staff reporter Rhea Advani provides her take on a variety of topics.

Rhea Advani, Staff Reporter

As the semester is coming to an end, students are trying to ease up these last few weeks of school to get students excited for Christmas break. One example of this is in Intro to Culinary Arts, teacher Lisa Frizell had her class make cupcakes for a lab.

Students got to make their own cupcakes using different flavored sodas, instead of using milk, eggs, and oil. This made it super easy for students to complete the lab in the most convenient way. All they needed to do was pour the box cake mix in a bowl and mix in a 12 oz can of flavored soda.

After baking the cupcakes, students were told to decorate them by making frosting from scratch and piping it onto the cupcakes, followed by their choice of sprinkles.

I think that this was a fun and exciting experience for students, it was simple, and tasty. With students often busy with core classes as the semester ends, to have something easy and fun to do, gives students a break for a little bit. 

Not only this, but it gets students excited for the holiday season which includes lots of cooking, baking, and sweet treats.