FISD offers wellness center for employees

Frisco ISD is hosting their annual flu immunization clinics. There will be a clinic at Liberty on Tuesday in the library.

Athena Tseng, Managing Editor

Starting in the spring of 2022, Frisco ISD employees will have access to a health clinic free of charge after FISD’s new agreement with the Dallas Physicians Medical Services for Children (DPMSC).

“We’re always looking for ways to improve our employee benefits, and this has been in the works for a couple years,” Frisco ISD’s chief financial officer Kimberly Smith said via a news release from FISD. “We have been searching for new, innovative ways to promote wellness and to provide resources to ensure staff are taken care of physically and emotionally. This is one more step in that direction.”

Employees will be able to access treatment either virtually on the Telehealth app or in person at the clinic. These treatments can range anything from bruises and small cuts to initial musculoskeletal injuries.

The‌‌ clinic‌‌ space‌‌ will‌‌ be‌‌ located‌‌ at‌‌ 6950 Stadium Lane,‌‌ adjacent to Kuykendall Stadium. The district will also allow access to student athletes during athletic games for treatment related to sports medicine and physical therapy.