Redhawks ready to face the Rangers

The Redhawks are jumping back into their district season after Winter Break. The team will take on the Lone Star Rangers at 8:15 at the Nest.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

The Redhawk boys’ basketball team is looking to start 2022 off with a win against Lone Star High School Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. at The Nest, after going 4-1 over the break.

“Well, when you take a little break, it’s always good to just get back in shape,” assistant coach Ben Manning said. “So I think there’s an aspect of just getting back in shape, but also just building back that chemistry and refining our lineups and things like that.”

Returning to district play, senior Drew Johnson feels the games over the break prepared them for tonight’s game.

“I think the games over break allowed us not to get too relaxed and take the whole break off and get out of shape,” Johnson said. “So I think we were able to play more instead of scouting for districts, so it was just nice to stay in the game.”

After falling to the Rangers last season, the Redhawks are hopeful that they can pull out a win this year.girls basketball

“I think it should be a good game,” Johnson said. “I think if we play the way we can play that we should win the game and I think we’re all just excited to be back in district.”