Rhea of Sunshine: second semester goals

Morgan Kong

In this weekly column, Wingspan staff reporter Rhea Advani provides her take on a variety of topics.

Rhea Advani, Staff Reporter

Now that the second semester has officially started, it’s important we don’t lose focus of our academic goals and we stay focused. When this time of year comes around, we’re often burned out and let things start to slip. However, I thought it might be helpful for me to share some tips and tricks that will get you through the rest of the year.

1. Time management. This is a really important one. Managing your time is absolutely crucial to getting everything that needs to be completed on time. If you don’t have a proper set schedule for yourself, you won’t be as productive as you could potentially be if you did.
  2. Sleep schedule. Over break I would sleep at around 6 a.m. every day and wake up at 2 p.m.. However, now that school has started, that’s unacceptable. Going to bed at a proper time and waking up early enough so that you don’t feel rushed in the morning is very important. Studies show that if you wake up at least 90 minutes before your classes start, you’re more likely to pay attention and not doze off. 
  3. Don’t procrastinate. This is probably the most important one. Procrastinating is one big mistake that I made the first semester and definitely caused my grades to slip by a couple of points. Most of the time, the assignments we receive aren’t even that difficult but the anticipation of doing them annoys us. So we ignore it till the last minute, and more than likely we end up turning them in late. So, this semester, whenever you get an assignment, complete it and turn it in as soon as possible. Trust me, it will benefit you in the long run.