Redhawk soccer clashes with the Knights

Troy Williams

The soccer teams are gearing up to face the Independence Knights on Tuesday. With a four day break due to an ice storm, the teams are aiming to still come out strong.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

The Redhawks soccer teams return to the field Friday night when they face the Independence Knights in District 9-5A matchups.

“I feel like we’ve been working together really good by connecting passes and knowing how each other plays because we have started to get how each other plays in the past few games,” sophomore Cate Butcher said. “We’re working on just releasing the ball quicker and having a picture in your head before you receive the ball.”

The girls’ soccer team is coming off a win on Tuesday, when they beat Memorial for the first time in school history. They are aiming for another win on Friday against Independence at The Nest at 5:30 p.m.

Also earning a win on Tuesday, the boy’s team is traveling to Independence High School, where they will take on the Knights at 7:15 p.m.

“I expect us to come out full speed like we did against Memorial,” assistant coach Kyle Park said. “I think we’re going to do very well and get the results that we want.”