Redhawk soccer soars over the Titans

Troy Williams

As district play inches closer, Redhawks soccer will compete in the Denison tournament as preparation for district play. “We can try out various things to prepare ourselves for the season,” junior Lucas Godoy said.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

Both Redhawks soccer teams ended their week on Friday with wins against the Centennial Titans in District 9-5A matchups.

Traveling to Centennial High School, the girls’ team soared over the Titans 3-1 in a District 9-5A soccer game.

“The team played super well together on Friday, and I am really proud of everything we have been able to accomplish so far,” junior Grace Deshetler said. “We usually have a lot of opportunities during games that we don’t capitalize on, so we have been doing a lot of shooting drills and attacking towards the goal.”

Shortly after the girls’ win, the boys’ team ended their game with an identical score beating the Titans 3-1 and continuing their undefeated streak in District 9-5A.

“I think our team’s strengths right now is that we have a group of guys that never quit,” head coach Evan McGee said. “And they don’t back down and they’re not scared of whoever they’re playing. So they always have a lot of confidence going into the game, and they always bring a good level of energy.”