Redhawks battle the Warriors on the field

Michael Martin

Both the boys’ and girls’ soccer teams look to strike against the Memorial Warriors on Friday. With the boys holding a currently undefeated record of 6-3-0, the team is going to put up a fight.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

Aiming to finish the week with a win against the Warriors, the Redhawk soccer teams take on Memorial High School on Friday.

After a loss to Reedy on Wednesday, the girls are hoping to score a win on Friday when they host the Warriors at The Nest at 5:00 p.m.

“We’re working on improving the midfield,” freshman Isabella Marroquin said. “We just haven’t been connected in the midfield, and we don’t really talk a lot in there. So we’re trying to build in the middle.”

With hopes to lengthen their 6-0-3 undefeated streak in District 9-5A, the boys’ team heads to Memorial High School and kicks off at 7:30 p.m.

“We’re working on specifically, cohesiveness on defense, staying together playing tight, offensively,” assistant coach Mark Thomas said. “Taking advantage of the speed we have up front and passing ability, and then finishing we just got to score goals.”