Golf swings into second

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

• The girls golf team took home the runner up slot at the Adams Buffet Tournament. For now, the team hopes to continue to improve to bring home a first place trophy in their next tournament.

• Sophomore Ally Smith with her tee shot on the par-4 2nd.

• Kicking off the tournament, freshman Abigail Lee sets up her putt on the 18th.

• Freshman Alanna Chang with her putt on the second green.

• Junior Asiana Chang sets up her tee shot on the par-5 6th.

• Senior Leslie Coyne with her tee shot to start the day.

• Freshman Britney Zhang with her chip shot, a recovery to set up a par putt.

• Sophomore Ashley Zhang gets ready for her approach shot on the 18th.

• Senior Anika Patel takes her tee shot to begin the tournament for her group.

Kicking off their Valentines Day, girls’ golf took their skill to Oakmont Country Club where they competed in the Adams Buffet Golf Tournament, securing a second place win.

At their last competition, the girls were short enough members to compete. This time around, with six members making up their team, the group was determined to give it all they have.

“We were really just focused on continuing to grow as a team and putting our best efforts forward,” senior Leslie Coyne said. “Golf is both mental and physical so getting into the right mindset can help a lot.”

Never satisfied with where they stand with their progress, the girls are continuing to find ways to grow.

“Practicing whenever we can and focusing on constantly getting better has been really beneficial,” senior Anika Patel said. “With so much unpredictability in the sport, consistency and improvement is what we’re looking for.”