Striking out, Redhawks look to bounce back

Michael Martin

A slow start to the season will not stop the Redhawks. Winding up for a win, the team will not look back.

Addy Schick, Sports Reporter

Playing two games over spring break, the Redhawk softball team was unable to add to the win column as the team lost to both Heritage and Frisco in District 9-5A play. 

“I think we learned a lot,” head coach Jill Bradshaw said. “We still have some work to do, which is what we’re out here this morning trying to do so. We just need to work on batting, hitting, and then just eliminating some of our errors.”

Working on their offense has been a common goal of the team, as senior Jillian Bowles believes the team has strong defense.

“We did well at pitching and getting our routine plays,” she said. “It’s just the umps weren’t really cooperating in the game. We did well at pitching and getting our routine plays. It’s just the umps weren’t really cooperating in the game.” 

Facing the undefeated Heritage Coyotes is an experience that could pay off later according to freshman Delila Bond.

“I liked getting exposed to higher level pitchers and being able to go up to bat against them,” she said. “We definitely get a learning experience where we can see the different areas we can grow. It’s a learning curve.”