Rhea of Sunshine: student council elections

Morgan Kong

In this weekly column, Wingspan staff reporter Rhea Advani provides her take on a variety of topics.

Rhea Advani, Staff Reporter

With the 2022-2023 school year approaching, voting for the Student Council president is now underway with the field narrowed down to two strong and competitive candidates. 

Something I definitely want to just put out there is that no matter who wins, I know both have good intentions for their plans for next year and I believe they’re both built with good character.

But at the same time I’m glad that the student body is able to vote for who they believe should take over. Most things in high school regarding who takes over, isn’t up to students. However, this is one of the few things that students can vote and decide for on their own.

The concept of being able to vote and take matters into your own hands is something that students experience before going out into the real world and start voting at the age of 18. Just like you would vote for a presidential candidate, you must do your research and weigh your pros and cons before deciding which StuCo president to vote for.

This is why I believe that students having the opportunity to vote for who they want is not only good practice for the future but also standing up for what they believe in and participating in a decking factor that can impact next school year.