Redhawk tennis hits the court against the Rockwall Hawks

Addy Schick

Hitting their way into games Friday and Monday, the Redhawks are back in action. With very few games left, the team is looking to finish strong.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

It’s a battle of the birds on Friday, when the Redhawk tennis teams head to Rockwall High School to take on the Rockwall Hawks.

“The players have been working hard each week just trying to improve whether they’re playing singles or doubles,” assistant coach Brandon Justice said. “The doubles are working on closing in and finishing points quickly, and the singles players are trying to play high percentage tennis which is just hitting the right ball and then right in the right point of play”.

Justice is confident in the singles and doubles players going into Friday’s tournament.

“We are expecting good results especially in mixed doubles and girl singles,” Justice said. “We’re expecting to win some matches in girls doubles and boys doubles, so looking for a good term overall.”

Playing mixed doubles with Sanjheev Rao, junior Milla Dopson has been preparing for this tournament and looking towards districts.

“We have been working hard in practice to prepare for this Friday and districts,” Milla Dopson said. “Going into the match Friday I am confident that me and my partner can win the tournament.”