Campus refresh requires campus cleanup

Michael Martin

Over the summer, the campus will be undergoing a few renovations including a new paint job, carpets, and a technology upgrade. To prepare for this, teacher have to clear their classes.

Athena Tseng, Managing Editor

With just five weeks left in the school year, teachers are clearing off their walls, and packing their stuff up. But this isn’t the typical getting reading for summer routine. It’s just the beginning stage in a massive undertaking as the school enters a major cycle of renovations.

“This summer, we have two different refreshes coming,” principal Ashley Rainwater said. “We’ve got a technology refresh coming, so you’ll see a lot of new computers, a lot of new setups in classes next year, but we also get all new paint and carpeting this summer.”

To have the school ready for next year, renovations are scheduled to start May 21, the day after the school year ends.

“They will be here taking down things and starting painting,” Rainwater said. “We’ll have brand new carpet and paint when we open in the fall.”

To get ready for the renovations, teachers are required to strip their rooms to a bare minimum. 

“It’s always nice to get new stuff,” teacher Chris Ham said. “It’s just the work involved in getting everything all cleared out to be painted over. So it’s nice, but a lot of work to get that done but hopefully, when it’s all done, it’ll be worth it as we will have a nicer building.”