Softball swings out of Friday’s game

Addy Schick

Swinging out of their last game, the Redhawks took the field Friday. Losing their last few games, the team feels they have something to prove moving forward.

Addy Schick, Sports Reporter

Swinging into their last game of the season, the Redhawks softball team did not come out on top losing to Lone Star 13-0.

“We started the game really strong defensively, but in the 4th we struggled to make outs,” freshman Adeline Glatch said. “I think we actually played good, we just lost it in one inning and that lost the game for us.”

Although finishing 10th in the district, head softball coach Jill Bradshaw believes the girls should still be proud of themselves.

“Overall, our record doesn’t reflect the amount of growth each player had this season,” she said. “I am proud of all the girls for coming out every day and putting in the work. They made my last year of coaching an amazing journey.”

With the season coming to an end, so does the high school softball careers of the seniors.

“My senior season has been really fun,” senior Inya Anandan said. “The team this year got along really well, and I am so happy to have been apart of this team. I am proud of all the girls that played this year and I wish them the best for their future. Were ending the season all knowing we got so much better.”

With three seniors graduating, coach Bradshaw says there will be big shoes to fill on the field.

“To the graduating seniors, Maegan, Iniya, and Naudia, thank you for being positive leaders for the underclassmen,” Bradshaw said. “Our program would not have been the same without you. Y’all leave us with many amazing memories and some big shoes to fill next year. Best of luck to the next chapter in your life.”