Rhea of Sunshine: summer school registration

Morgan Kong

In this weekly column, Wingspan staff reporter Rhea Advani provides her take on a variety of topics.

Rhea Advani, Staff Reporter

As the school year is coming to an end, registration for summer and fall classes have opened at Collin and Liberty.
Many students take on the responsibility of taking summer classes over the summer to finish their credits faster and to get ahead in their high school career. However, others find it absurd. So that brings us to this week’s question, should students take advantage of being able to take summer classes?

Taking summer classes is optional and completely depends on the schedule you have set for yourself. So if your plan is to get ahead of the game, then it’s recommended that you register for summer classes. However, if your credits are in check for graduation, and you’re happy with where you are, then there is no need to participate in summer classes. 

Summer school also “includes courses developed for academic intervention,” and “credit recovery.” So if a student failed or didn’t do too well in a class, an option for that student is to take said class over the summer. They can do a credit recovery for that class and hopefully score higher in it. 

To register for summer classes for dual credit, you can apply on CougarWeb before May 3 at 7 p.m. For Frisco ISD registration, talk to your counselor as soon as possible to apply.