Volleyball grounded by the Hawks

Michael Martin

The Redhawk volleyball heads to Emerson High School on Tuesday to face the Mavericks. The Redhawks are 6-0 in District 10-5A, and sit in first place, giving them motivation heading into the game.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

The Redhawks fell short on Tuesday to the Rockwall Heath Hawks when they lost 3-1 in a non-district contest game.

“We always say it’s never as bad as you think, it’s never as good as you think, and the outcome wasn’t what we wanted,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “But at the end of the day and, at this point in the season, it’s not about losing, it’s about lessons, and we are a young team and we’re trying to build and grow.”

For senior Campbell Peters, spirits are still high despite the loss.

“We were disappointed in the outcome, but we are still trying to figure things out since it is early in the season,” Peters said. “Every game is something to work hard on.”

The Redhawks hope to bounce back when they play in the NISD Volleyball Classic on Thursday.

“If I could pull anything from the game, it would be just our attention to detail,” Dobbins said. “You always practice how you play, so taking practices and showing up to the games is important.”