Frisco’s booming commercial growth

Perry Mellone

Frisco’s growth is booming, and since the early 2000’s, the amount of available land has gone from 60 percent to 25 percent. One of the biggest areas for development is the quadrant north of Panther Creek along the Dallas Parkway.

Maya Silberman, Managing Editor

Frisco’s growth is booming, evidenced by the increasing amounts of businesses settling in and the growing neighborhoods throughout the city. 

In the early 2000’s, there was a lot of vacant land in the city, with as much as 60 percent of the land undeveloped. However, according to city officials, the amount of available land is down to approximately 25 percent. One of the hottest areas of development is the Panther Creek site.

“Anything that’s in the quadrant that’s north of Panther Creek along the Dallas Parkway is going to add a lot [of value to the city] because of the amount of vacant land there,” Frisco’s Development Services Director John Lettelleir said in an interview with Community Impact. “This section is one of the final frontier areas in the growing city of Frisco.”

Within the Panther Creek area, Frisco ISD opened its 12th high school and the PGA opened its headquarters. Closer to campus, Brinkmann Ranch is one of the biggest tracks of privately owned land that could someday be sold and repurposed. 

“The next phase in the evolution of Frisco is going to be building out the commercial corridor,” Frisco Mayor Jeff Cheney said. “We have 10 miles on the Dallas North Tollway, State Highway 121, State Highway 380, and so a lot seems like it has been developed, but we still have a long way to go.”