Redhawks royalty to be announced at HoCo events

Filled+with+dress-up+theme+days%2C+Homecoming+Week+wraps+on+Friday+with+a+pep+rally+during+advisory+when+the+Homecoming+court+will+be+announced.+The+Homecoming+game+is+Friday+at+Kuykendall+Stadium%2C+with+the+dance+Saturday+in+the+main+gym.+

Rhea Advani

Filled with dress-up theme days, Homecoming Week wraps on Friday with a pep rally during advisory when the Homecoming court will be announced. The Homecoming game is Friday at Kuykendall Stadium, with the dance Saturday in the main gym.

Carter Butler, WTV Staff Reporter

Homecoming is here with Student Council holding a pep rally during advisory when this year’s Homecoming court will be announced. 

“The winners for the freshman, sophomore, and junior will be announced during the homecoming pep rally, but the king and the queen will be announced at the homecoming game,” StuCo president senior Anna Lyon said. “Everyone should go to the game because you are going to see who wins homecoming king and queen.”

After the pep rally, the Redhawks face Heritage in the Homecoming football game Friday at 7 p.m. at Kuykendall Stadium.

Then on Saturday, it’s the Homecoming dance from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. Tickets for the dance can be purchased at OnlineSchoolFees.com for $25, or can be purchased at the door for $30.

“[Homecoming] is just a super fun tradition for school spirit,” junior Lily Leyden said. “The day of the game there is a pep-rally at the school, and then at the game homecoming court is announced, there’s a boy and a girl in each grade for homecoming court.”