Orchestra members are ready for fall concert

Shreya Agrawal, Staff Reporter

Orchestra is performing its first concert of the year on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium.

Orchestra director Julie Blackstock is excited that new orchestra students will get to perform in the auditorium for the first time. 

“I’m looking forward to making music with the students who are new to Liberty,” Blackstock said. “I think it is such a treat to see the reactions of our new students when they get to play in the auditorium for the first time.” 

For sophomore Cindy Trinh, the concert is significant because it gives her a chance to show her family and friends something non-academic she has been working on. 

“Being able to perform for my friends, family, and teachers excites me the most,” Trinh said. “I love getting to perform the music we as an orchestra have been preparing since the beginning of the school year.”

In addition to class time, out-of-school practice is key for smoother rehearsals, especially when playing challenging music.

“I have taken the time to practice the music outside of class,” Trinh said. “When we play a specific section repetitively in class, I take a mental note that I should practice this at home. If there was a section I struggled on in class, I would go home and practice that section as well.” 

After all the hours spent preparing, orchestra members are ready to showcase their efforts to their audience.

“Each group has been doing such a great job preparing for this,” Blackstock said. “I’m excited about the culmination of that.”