CTE Center holds interactive open house Thursday

Frisco ISD

The CTE Center is hosting an interactive open house Thursday. Students and parents are able to go to the CTE Center and see what it has to offer.

LeNya Phipps, WTV Staff Reporter

While course selections for the 2023-24 school year won’t happen for a few months, students and their parents have the opportunity to get a sneak peak of the Career and Technical Education Center Thursday at an interactive open house. 

Visitors will have the opportunity to explore new classrooms and experience hands on activities or view projects at their leisure. Additionally, students will get to see the CTE Center’s ongoing expansion.

“Our expansion of our programs is all about what the student interests are,” CTE Center assistant principal Travis Volk said. “And so when we look at that, we see that we need some more higher up classes.”

The expansion will expand student opportunities.

“We’re looking at things like e-sports, advanced e-sports,” Volk said. “We’re building our own gaming lab here, artificial intelligence. Our architecture program continues to grow and we’ve outgrown the space that they’re in.”

Instructors and students will be available to answer any questions you may have. More information is available at Friscoisd.org.