Volleyball ready to bounce back on Friday

Liberty Yearbook Aya

With a clean sweep against Rockwall Heath on Tuesday, Redhawk volleyball hopes to continue their redemption week strong in the NISD Tournament Thursday.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

Redemption is on the minds of the Redhawk volleyball team after a close loss to Memorial on Tuesday. The team is back on the court on Friday when they travel to Centennial High School to face the Titans at 5:30 p.m.

“We have been working really hard in practice so that we can feel like ourselves again after Tuesday,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “We are working on our defense so we can be prepared to do better tonight. I feel confident in our girls, I think we will bounce back and have a good game tonight.”

Senior Alyssa Magness is optimistic about the game and hopes to get back on track.

“We’ve been watching film and doing our scouting report and practicing our rotations for when we play them,” Magness said. “I think we will execute and do good.”

This is the second time this season that the Redhawks face the Titans, and the team is aiming for another win.

“We have been watching a lot of film,” senior Emma Cacurack said. “We are executing the scouting prefort keys to win in practice to prepare for our game.”