Six Redhawk athletes, seniors Lilian Adams, McKenna Gildon, Reese Brown, Teagen Jaussi, Grace Deshetler, and Erica Defferding, officialized their commitment to continue their athletic careers beyond high school in the fieldhouse on Wednesday. (Provided by Lilian Adams, McKenna Gildon, Reese Brown, Teagen Jaussi, Grace Deshetler, and Erica Defferding.)
Six Redhawk athletes, seniors Lilian Adams, McKenna Gildon, Reese Brown, Teagen Jaussi, Grace Deshetler, and Erica Defferding, officialized their commitment to continue their athletic careers beyond high school in the fieldhouse on Wednesday.

Provided by Lilian Adams, McKenna Gildon, Reese Brown, Teagen Jaussi, Grace Deshetler, and Erica Defferding.

Six athletes sign to continue their athletic careers

November 10, 2022

Lili Adams: Soccer

Provided by Lili Adams

Senior Lili Adams is trading black and red for white and purple with her commitment to play soccer at Stephen F Austin State University in the fall of 2023.

Wingspan: “What school did you choose?”

Adams: “I chose Stephen F Austin State University.”

Wingspan: “Why did you choose that school?”

Adams: “I chose to go to this school because the coaching staff and girls on the team had a great vibe and they were very welcoming.” 

Wingspan: “Was this a hard decision to choose this school?”

Adams: “It was a hard decision mainly because it’s the biggest one I have ever made. Deciding where I will be playing soccer and going to school for the next 4 years is a lot to think about and a big change.”

Wingspan: “What are you expecting from being a college athlete?”

Adams: “I expect it to be challenging because not only will I have to get used to the college academics but I will be competing against great players on my team and on the other teams in the WAC conference everyday.”

McKenna Gildon: Volleyball

Senior+McKenna+Gildon+verbally+committed+to+playing+volleyball+at+Clemson+University+last+year%2C+but+made+it+official+on+Tuesday+in+front+of+her+team+and+family.+

Provided by McKenna Gildon

Senior McKenna Gildon verbally committed to playing volleyball at Clemson University last year, but made it official on Tuesday in front of her team and family.

Wingspan: “What school did you choose?”

Gildon: “I chose Clemson University.”

Gildon: “I liked the campus a lot and the coaches and the people I met there were really nice.”

Gildon: “Yes because it is a really big commitment and I was worried if the program was going to be good for me. It was hard to choose a place so far away.”

Gildon: “I’m expecting that it is going to be really hard, but really rewarding in the end.”

Grace Deshetler: Soccer

Provided by Grace Deshetler

Senior Grace Deshetler is supporting purple with her committment to play soccer at Kansas State University.

Wingspan: “What school did you choose?”

Deshetler: “I chose Kansas State University.”

Deshetler: “I really liked the environment of the school, and the coaches there were so awesome throughout my recruiting process, I knew it’s where I wanted to be.”

Deshetler: “Yes and no. I think it was hard to walk  away from other schools I was interested in, but after visiting the campus and meeting the players I knew K State was the place for me.” 

Deshetler: “I know that it’s going to be a lot of hard work and take a lot of dedication, but I think that I am going to learn so many new things and have so many opportunities I wouldn’t get to experience otherwise.”

Reese Brown: Soccer

Provided by Reese Brown

After finishing her season with the Redhawks, senior Reese Brown will play at Ouachita Baptist University in the fall.

Wingspan: “What school did you choose?”

Brown: “I chose Ouachita Baptist University.”

Brown: “I chose Ouachita because I really like the players and the environment of the team and the school.”

Brown: “It wasn’t really a hard decision for me because when I went on my visit I knew I liked the school and team, and that I could see myself going there.”

Brown: “I’ve been balancing school and soccer for a long time so I know kind of what to expect, but I know it’s going to be a lot more intense than both high school and club soccer.”

Teagen Jaussi: Soccer

Provided by Teagen Jaussi

Senior Teagen Jaussi signs her National Letter of Intent and commits to playing at Ouachita Baptist University in the fall of 2023.

Wingspan: “What school did you choose?”

Jaussi: “I chose Ouachita Baptist University.” 

Jaussi: “Two of my best friends are going to play there, they have great academics and focus a lot on the athletes, they are also ranked very well in standings.”

Jaussi: “It did take me a while to choose ouachita but I’m glad I did!”

Jaussi: “I think it’ll teach me time management and how to power through hard times cause it’ll reward you in the end.”

Erica Defferding: Soccer

Provided by Erica Defferding

Senior Erica Defferding stayed true to red and black and committed to play soccer at the University of Incarnate Word in San Antonio.

Wingspan: “What school did you choose?”

Defferding: “University of Incarnate Word in San Antonio.”

Defferding: “I chose Incarnate Word because of their soccer program and academics.”

Defferding: “Choosing UIW wasn’t a hard decision for me because on my visit I was able to meet the coaching staff and other amazing people around the university that made the school feel like home!”

Defferding: “Being a college athlete I know I will always be busy trying to balance all my practices and classes but I’m super excited to take on the experience of being a college athlete!”