Wrestling battles at the War Games

Shreyas Viswanathan

The wrestling teams head to the Trojan Tournament on Friday at 9 a.m. As on of the largest tournaments, the team is up for a challenge.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

After some successes on Wednesday, the wrestling teams head to the War Games tournament at Memorial High School on Saturday at 9:00 a.m. where they aim for similar results. 

“This tournament should be a tough one and with our numbers being what they are, we’re looking more at individual success rather than a team as a whole,” co-head coach Justin Koons said. “There will be a handful of teams that we haven’t seen yet that will be good to face or even get eyes on. District opponent schools like The Colony, Panther Creek, Lone Star, and Wakeland. It will also be great to see some schools coming from other parts of Texas like Palo Duro, Katy Seven Lakes, and Azle.”

The mental aspect will be key heading into the tournament, according to sophomore Sophia Castillo.

“For Saturday we’re preparing by just reviewing what we know,” Castillo said. “We are really focusing on getting ready mentally because the mental aspects are very important.”