Rhea of Sunshine: shaming

Morgan Kong

In this weekly column, Wingspan staff reporter Rhea Advani provides her take on a variety of topics.

Rhea Advani, Staff Reporter

As the chapter of middle school closes and students transition into being high schoolers, a topic that is brought to their attention more often is how sexually active one is. So that leaves the question, what is the right age to start being sexually active? 

There is no right or wrong number however, the older you get, the more mature and knowledgeable you are about everything. It’s good to think about the decisions you make and not make rash choices. This can often lead to regret and fear. 

Some people save themselves for marriage and others don’t. But bullying someone who doesn’t have the same viewpoints as you do, is unacceptable. People will do as they please and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Teenage girls often are made fun of if they’re a “virgin” and may feel peer pressured to do things that they aren’t comfortable with. Your sexuality is something you own and no one can tell you what you should and shouldn’t do with it. Virginity-shaming has been popular for the past couple years and must be shut down immediately.